Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Story of "Stuff"

Recently my family and I moved from our home of 16 1/2 years. We are truly amazed at how much 'stuff' we aquired over that time. Since we were moving to our summer home that is already furnished, we had to go through every item in our house and determine its destination. Do we throw it away, give it away, put it in storage, move it to the new home? We did a lot of each of those things and we are still trying to find places for everything we have kept. I don't consider ourselves packrats or collectors, but have discovered through this process that over the years we have been active consumers. I was mentioning this experience to Joe Gaydos of SeaDoc Society and he sent me a video called the 'story of stuff'. I am sending the link to you in hopes that you will take some time to watch it. It is 20 minutes long, but well worth it. So, I hope you make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and take a break to view it. Please pass it along.



http://www.storyofstuff.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment